THE INTERVIEW - Dika Restiyani

6:55 PM




*****

Assalamu'alaikum :)
wa'alaikumsalam

Please introduce yourself briefly..
My name is Dika Restiyani, you can call me Resty. I'm 24 years old. I was born on January 18th, 1988.
I'm naturally a geek who accidentally in love with fashion and beauty. Economic and political enthusiasts.

What kind of activities that you do now?
Alhamdulillah it's been year since I got the blessing opportunity as Muslimah Beauty 2011
(Muslim Fashion,Halal and Sharia products Ambassador).
I'm a post gradute student from Nanyang Technological University (NTU)-Singapore.
I'm also a sociopreneur in sharia business, developing handy craft and fashion line 'RESTY',
and the founder of volunteer group that concern about children education named 'Pelangi'
(Peduli Anak untuk Negeri).

Please describe yourself in 3 words..
Grateful - Lucky - Sincere

When did you start to have a blog?
it has been a year, since I posted my first hijab tutorial on Januari 2011

You're the winner of Muslimah Beauty 2011.
Could you please tell about your journey become Muslimah Beauty 2011?
What did you get from it?
Alhamdulillah wasyukurillah it was the most amazing journey in my life.
For me, Muslimah Beauty is a miracle and gift from Allah SWT.
Alhamdulillah I got the opportunity to go to Mecca for Umra with my beloved Mother :D
I'm so grateful and happy, because my Mom really wanted to go there.

I also went to Paris for Fashion Show and Fashion Photo Shoot, and also meet & greet with people there.
Subhanallah, thousands of people asking for taking pictures with Muslimah Beauty at Le Bourget, on the "International Fair of the Muslim World" event :)
Subhanallah.. I was very surprised by the enthusiasm of the people there.

Could you please tell about your clothing line? When did you start it & Why?
It was started since 2 months ago ( July 2012 ).

It was not my intention to make a clothing line under the brand named RESTY.
I started to produced inner scarves at the first production, because a lot of people keep on asking me about the inner scarves that I wore on my youtube hijab tutorial videos.
And then they also asked me to buy all the things that I wore on my videos: scarves, inner scarves, jackets, dresses, accesories, brooches, head bands, etc.
Alhamdulillah, the demand was not only came from Indonesia, but also from other countries from around the world such as US, Canada, Germany, Morocco, Singapore, Malaysia, Mexico, England, and many more.

When did you start to wear hijab? Why?
First year when I was in junior high school.

I've won a band competition as a singer in school, after that I pray shalat maghrib.
When I pray, there's somekind of voices that keep telling me to wear hijab,
and I can see a picture of my self wearing hijab at that time.
Then I suddenly cried so deeply... It's the kind of feeling that I've never felt before.

Who inspires you in wear hijab? Why?
My Mom..
because she is my inspiration and I think she's the most beautiful woman in the world, inside & out

What are your joys and sorrows during wear hijab?
I enjoy every minute in my life when I wear hijab, no regret about it.
Even I'm facing some discrimination towards me, to be honest I don't care, I fear nothing but Allah :)

What do you think about hijab style nowadays?
Pretty creative and a lot of different kind of style & design.

Do(s) and Don't(s) for wearing hijab?
Do(s):
Wear light scarves, inner scarves, accessories, and tone down the colors, mix & match.
I believe less is more. 

Don't(s):
Wear too much colors (more than 3 colors)
Wear too much accessories
No leggings for outer wear, leggings is only for under wear

Please describe about your hijab style..
I like simple and nude colour, I wear accesories sometimes, but still... less is more. 

3 must have items for you..
Light Scarf - Headband - Resty's Inner Scarf :)

Any tips or tricks for Muslimah who wants to stylish but keep in the right way?

Just be your self, but still keep it on the right track.
Allah is the reason why we wear hijab, it's a commitment to Allah SWT.

Thanks for your answers! :)


follow her on twitter: @blissful_resty
check out her blog: http://dika-restiyani.blogspot.com




You Might Also Like

0 comments